Publishing Terms and Conditions
Dated Monday, 26th October 2017 08:15 am | by the Publisher
The Following Terms and Conditions apply for all contributions to Shipping World Newsmagazine:
By granting Shipping World Newsmagazine the right to publish your Contribution, it is understood that you have not granted exclusive right to yourself or third parties to publish the said article. It is also understood that the copyright to the Contribution has not been registered with the National Library of Nigeria.
2.Warranties and Indemnifications
You warrant to Shipping World Newsmagazine as follows:
(i) that the Contribution is your original work;
(ii) that it contains no matter which is defamatory or is otherwise unlawful or which invades rights of privacy or publicity or infringes any proprietary right (including copyright);
(iii) that you have the right to assign the copyright to Shipping World Newsmagazine and that no portion of the copyright to the Contribution has been assigned previously.
3.Requirements for Publication
(a) You agree to prepare and revise the Contribution according to the instructions of the editors and to meet all other requirements for publication communicated to you by the editors. It is your responsibility to determine whether the Contribution includes material that requires written permission for publication in Shipping World Newsmagazine, including any material that is supplementary or ancillary to the Contribution; to obtain such permission, at your own expense, from the copyright owner; and to submit that permission to the editors with the manuscript.
(b) On publication of your article, you agree that no further obligations are due to you as author.
You agree to indemnify us from any action relating to your article or any subsequent comments you make with respect to your article
This section refers to any press releases, articles, book announcements / reviews, events and background information published by any associated publication, in any form – email, online, third party content syndication, feeds and print – on the following general terms which supersede and cancel all previous terms and conditions.
- The website (referred to as the “Website” in these terms and conditions) is the Website operated by Shipping World Newsmagazine with the domain name shippingworld-ng.com.
- Any publication together with all updates revisions and additions and any subsequent contributions made to Shipping World Newsmagazine by the same author (hereafter defined as “the Contribution” and the “Contributor” respectively) is accepted subject to the terms and conditions set out below. By submitting a Contribution, using their name and email /or by ‘indicating’ that the required “terms and conditions” are understood and accepted on electronic submission to the website, a Contributor will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- The Contributor grants to shippingworld-ng.com the full term of copyright in the Contribution and any extensions thereto the non exclusive license:Ownership of copyright remains with the Contributor.
To publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the Contribution in all forms, formats and media whether now known or hereafter developed (including without limitation in print, digital and electronic form) throughout the world;
- To translate the Contribution into other languages, create adaptations, summaries or extracts of the Contribution or other derivative works based on the Contribution and exercise all of the rights set forth in 1. above in such translations, adaptations, summaries, extracts and derivative works; and
- To license others to do any or all of the above. The Contributor retains the non-exclusive right to re-use figures or tables created by them and contained in the Contribution in other works created by them.
The Contributor warrants and represents that:
- The Contributor is the sole author of and sole owner of the copyright in the Contribution. If the Contribution includes materials of others, the Contributor has obtained the permission of the owners of the copyright in all such materials to enable them to grant the rights contained herein.
- All of the facts contained in the Contribution are true and accurate.
- Nothing in the Contribution is obscene, defamatory, libelous, violates any right of privacy or infringes any intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark) or any other human, personal or other rights of any person or entity or is otherwise unlawful.
- Nothing in the Contribution infringes any duty of confidentiality which the Contributor may owe to anyone else or violates any contract, express or implied, of the Contributor, and all of the institutions in which work recorded in the Contribution was carried out have authorised publication of the Contribution.
- The contributor agrees to hold shippingworld-ng.com harmless and indemnifyshippingworld-ng.com and their subsidiaries or affiliates, against any claim, demand, action, suit proceeding, or any expense whatsoever arising from claims of infringement of copyright or proprietary right, or claims of libel, obscenity, invasion of privacy, or any other unlawfulness based upon or arising out of the publication or any matter pertaining to the Work.
These conditions and any agreement in which they are incorporated, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Nigerian law and the Contributor hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Nigerian courts.